Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oh the perils of moving.....

We moved on the first (Canada Day = Bad day to move). It took all.day.long from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm to get everything over to the new apartment. Then we stayed up until 2:00 am trying to get the basic necessities set up and put away so we would have things for when we woke up. The next morning my dh had to get up at 5 in the morning to leave for the entire weekend. Which totally sucked because it left me alone to start attacking the boxes. I had to sit at home all day on Friday waiting for the satellite guy to show up because he was to be there between 8am and 5pm. It would be nice if they could pin point a more accurate time. He didn't show. The excuse of the company when I called was, there was no one home when he came. What? I stayed within 15 feet of the front door all day to ensure I wouldn't miss him. Now we won't have cable until Wednesday. Also, my phone and internet didn't transfer to the new house on the first like they were supposed to. I had to wait at home again today for the phone guy to show. He just came and he had to install a new jack because there wasn't a working one in the apartment apparently. This sucks. I am unpacking all by myself assembling beds and moving boxes and it is hot as hell outside. Although I will admit that this apartment is way less hot than the other one was. I managed to make a dent in the dining room/office/school room (a completely multifunctional room;) to hopefully get back into summer lessons on Monday, much to Roo's chagrin.  I would have posted pictures but the piles of boxes were too horrifying to keep documented. I just want to get into bed and sleep, but I probably won't from over stimulation and new surroundings (because I'm weird like that). At least I can hopefully sleep in tomorrow since I don't have to get around and wait for anyone to show. 

No comments: