Saturday, June 12, 2010

Eat Your Vegetables!

This is a common, funny thing you always hear associated with kids. For some reason, I seem to have the opposite problem. Roo loves green stuff. Broccoli is the favorite, but only when steamed, cucumbers - salted, green peppers, peas, beans, spinach salad and the adding of colour with carrots and corn. My problem is that she will eat all of the vegetables and leave the meat and other courses. Then complain 1/2 hour later that she is hungry and wants a peanut butter and honey sandwich. I have tried a million different things to eat but she will only stick to certain things, and even then she is fickle. How do you feed a kids a balanced meal when all she does is pick pieces from it? I make cucumber water almost daily (because I hate he non taste of plain water) and every time I open the fridge, there are less and less slices of cucumbers floating in the jug. I know I shouldn't complain because she likes to eat the green stuff, but I also want a nice balance of all of the healthy things.

Photobucket


I spent the rainy afternoon re-reading the Latin Centered Curriculum....again. Then I got up and came to the computer and finished my year at a glance spreadsheet. Which I will post on here later because I was having some upload issues. My next thing I want to tackle is how I want my weekly schedule to look. I want it more to resemble an LCC ideal, but I don't know if that is possible with the curriculum choices I made. I've got some serious planning to do since time seems to be flying by. Now off to steam some broccoli and do a little more planning.

The Latin-Centered Curriculum: A Home Educator's Guide to a Traditional Classical Education

No comments: