Friday, February 18, 2011

Sunny and Warm to Blizzard - Weekly Reports

For February we had an abnormally warm day today at 10 C (50 F) and now at 10 p.m. I just looked outside and there is a blizzard. Bizarro weather. Now I have to get up extra early to clean the car off before dance class:( 
I decided this week I really need to get myself motivated and start working out. I did the 30 Day Shred before I got pregnant and then I stopped. Now I am scared to start it again because it kicked my butt before and now I am in even worse shape. Blah. I am also on the hunt for a used elliptical. I keep searching Kijiji but all they have are cheap ones that people are probably selling because they were cheap to begin with. The search continues.

This week in review:

Memory Work - The months poem, Days of the Week poem, and Periods of Egyptian History

Phonics - We have finished lesson 219 in OPTGR with adding common prefixes.

First Language Lessons - Lesson 58-60, we are on action verbs and recognizing nouns and pronoun uses.

Writing with Ease - Completed week 19 of copy work and narration exercises from The Light Princess as the quote and narration guide.

Latin (Song School Latin) - We studied the names of several parts of the human body.

French (Nallenart) - Still working on the memorization of words that are found on a farm and review of greetings. 

Math - We are taking a break from Singapore at the moment because I bought Math Mammoth levels 1A and 1B. We are starting at the beginning and reintroducing the math facts as we come across them in the lessons. I am hoping that this will give her a better understanding of math concepts. We may go back to Singapore if and when we feel confident with where we are.

History (Story of the World) - We finished chapter 18 Life in Early Crete. We learned about Bull Jumpers, and King Minos and the Minotaur. The Story of King Minos and the Minotaur actually reminded me of the Lego game Minotaurus  (but we also want the Harry Potter, Pirate Code and Ramses Pyramid). Who am I kidding, we want them all. 



Photobucket

Map work while licking peanut butter off her face.




Photobucket

Narration and drawing of the sinking of Thera.


Science (Elemental) - We are studying fish this week. This weeks animals included fish, seahorse and sharks. We are getting close to finishing the animal study and moving onto the body soon.

Art - A still life painting she did of her Ruby Gloom display dolls.



Photobucket

Composer Study - We listened to our last week of works by Henry Purcell with some YouTube videos of people and orchestras playing his pieces. 

Merle's nickname has become Merle the Squirrel and while looking at Amazon I came across this. We definitely need to buy her that. Everytime I try to get a picture of her smiling, the flash always makes her close her eyes. So if I want to get an open eyed shot I can't use a flash, making the picture colour come out bad. I then have to change the picture to black and white. Now I have a lot of black and white photos, it's a good thing they look good like that.



Photobucket

No comments: