Friday, January 14, 2011

What Am I Mom? What Am I Mom? Weekly Report

What am I mom? is a constant chant out of Roo's mouth over and over until she gets your attention. Usually when you look over she is contorted into some weird position, and you are supposed to know what she is pretending to be. Most of my guesses are wrong which makes her miffed, but this week I got two of them both on the first try. It helped that we had just been reading about Egyptians in History so I had an idea to what she was aiming for.

First: Can you guess what this is?


Photobucket



Photobucket

A sarcophagus

Second: Can you guess what this is? Probably not;)


Photobucket

Queen Hapshepsut's fake beard! Which we are in fact going to make a better one this weekend, but she hid under the table, constructed this one and then popped up in my face.

What we managed  to accomplish this week in school.

Memory Work - Same review of stuff but added the Days of the Week Poem and the Months Poem.

First Language Lessons - Nouns in idea form

Writing with Ease - Completed week 14(?) capitalizing months and days of the week.

Latin (Song School Latin) - We learned the names of household pets. Let me tell you, I know I have said it before but those songs are soooo catchy. I seriously find myself singing them when I am doing any menial task. I also found out the baby likes me to sing them too (at least while I'm bouncing her) .

French - Lots of review and we started using the words in sentences. Mostly question and  answer format.

Math - Still major drill of math facts and we just finished the subtraction chapter in Singapore 1A. I also found out that she can answer math flashcards faster when bribed with Reese's pieces.

History - We went back to Egypt in SOTW - Ancients and learned about Thutmose, Queen Hatshepsut, Amenhotep and King Tut.

Science - We skipped this week due to some annoying appointments, tasks and daddy coming home from work early and distracting her. We may do a bird experiment this weekend to make up for it.

One of her favorite gifts for Christmas that we got her was her own mini library in a box. It comes with the envelopes you stick in books, the checkout cards, the due date stamp/ink pad and pencil. She has been actively setting up her library for the past few weeks. The only problem is, that she forces people to play library and check out some of her books.


Photobucket


I love to read, all genres. I like reading fluff as much as I enjoy a good historical biography. But there is one series I read this summer that I really, really got into. The fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, it is 4 books with the 5th coming out this Tuesday. Let me tell you how much I want to get my hands on that book and how slowly time has been creeping because of it. It is the final book in that series and the last one left off with a horrible cliff hanger. The first two chapters of this new book were leaked online and of course I read it, so now the wait is even worse because of the way these chapters went. If I could take it back, I wouldn't have read them. I should have waited. It's weird how you can get so invested into a book. So on Tuesday I will be flying over to the book store to pick up this book. I did have it pre-ordered on Amazon but have a feeling it wouldn't arrive until Wednesday and I. need. to. read. this. book. on .Tuesday. It's imperative.


Shadowfever (Fever, #5)

Also a bonus. I found out that baby girl will sleep for me longer during the day if I put her in the stroller near me. This leaves my hands free to work. Yay!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute photos, and I love the paper clip necklace Roo is wearing. :)Thanks for the book recommendation; I'm always looking for good books. I've just had a sample of the first book sent to my Kindle for PC, so I'll check it out.

Charli Armstrong said...

Where did you get that wonderful library kit?

Sara said...

I bought it Chapters/Indigo Books in the journal section. It's fantastic! I think she's a card in every book she owns now.